One main reason why online dating is so popular especially in this innovative era aside from having millions of users is due to the existence of matchmaking apps or dating apps that can be downloaded to any Smartphone devices. People can then access anytime, stay connected, interact with everyone they like and find their potential match online. This only proves how technology had influences our daily life and needs.
Unfortunately, beyond this popularity is millions of frustrated individuals struggling to find their match and ended up really frustrated with the result. The frustration happens due to long hours spent browsing online profiles and composing messages, lower response rate, last-minute date cancellations and overall frustration with resentment towards a person.
If you’ve ever experienced frustrations in online dating, perhaps you feel like online dating is not for you. Even your “real life” dating status doesn’t provide enough opportunity for you. While this is true, your love life and hunt for real relationship should not end there. Initially, dating can be really fun and exciting. On the other hand, before you find a perfect match, you have to face a lot of challenges and disappointments.
Let us help you manage and deal with your online dating frustration through these five effective ways;
- Take a break. Do some work on yourself for a month or so. It can be a healthy option to freshen up your mind and pick yourself up again from all the rejections and aggravations you’ve gone through. Stepping aside is vital as it allows you heart and mind to grow stronger.
- Have the list of your priorities. Create a list of the things you want to do to make your life happier and fulfilling. Enjoy what’s happening around you, focus on the most important things in your life, and be with the people who can make you happy. You have to leave the past behind to give you a clearer mind to plan ahead.
- Learn to stay positive and calm. Whatever frustrations and rejections you’ve encountered in online dating world, take it as a challenge to improve your strategy more and make each day a joyful experience. Learn to be a good listener too even if you disagree. Listening allows you to think better and do the right thing.
- Know the main source of your frustration. Write them down, talk to a friend about it and make sure to think of the most relevant ways on how to solve and end your frustrations. Communication could be one of the most helpful ways to deal with it.
- Save profiles who are worth your time. When you are ready to meet new people again, make sure to assess your prospects carefully not just by the photos and info they share on their profile, but also by how they treat you online.
Frustration is part of the online dating game and this too shall pass. Learn from your past experiences and keep improving your profile. Online dating success requires effort, determination and the aptitude to take personal accountability for your own wellbeing.